Saturday, April 25, 2009

THE ADVENTURE BEGINS!!

Well, I made it here safely this morning at about 9:45 London time. We all got our luggage and went to go meet our groups that we were going to travel to the Centre with, but they were no where to be found. We also couldn't find our bus driver that was supposed to meet us right out of security. It was a nightmare! But, after searching and praying for about 45 minutes, everything fell into place. Half of the girls came walking up a ramp from the underground train that they had to take from another terminal, and the other two girls shortly followed. Luckily we spotted our bus driver holding our sign and it was such a relief! We jumped on our bus and he drove us to the BYU Centre where we will be living for the next 7 weeks.

This is my new house! 27 Palace Court

Yes I really am in London!!

After we arrived at the Centre, we unpacked and got everything settled. Can you believe how little of stuff I have? I say it's pretty amazing for me! This is my closet.

This is my bed on the top bunk! I live up on the top floor of the building (over 67 stairs to get to my room) and have 5 other roommates. After unpacking, we went out and did our first "London Walks" assignment for one of our classes. We basically had to follow a map around the neighborhood and find certain things just to help us learn this area. Then we went home for lunch and they had a really good lunch of crossant chicken salad rolls and fruit. Then we left for a few hours and went on a walk through Hyde Park and then to the store to buy a few things that we each needed.

This is us walking through Hyde Park, just enjoying the beautiful day

Then we went back to the Centre for a little bit before we left on our exploration of the tube. We decided that we would go find the Tower Bridge. It was so pretty at night and there was such a beautiful view!

Jenny, Nicole, and Brooke

Today was so much fun! It still seems wierd that I am actually living here for 2 months. It still feels like I am on a vacation and will be back home in a few days. I am reallly excited for all that I have ahead of me to see and to learn. I know that it is going to be such an amazing experience for me and that I will grow in so many ways! I am so grateful for the opportunity that I have to be here. I already love London and I have only been here for 1 day!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the pictures!! You are really in London. Have so much fun! I love you

Ryan said...

that is so awesome!!! enjoy it while you can!! haha

merrells said...

Hello Nicole! We wish we were with you. What darling pictures. We love you. Love The Merrell Gals

Andrea said...

Beware! Those top bunks have been known to cause broken bones. If you find yourself lying on the floor in the middle of the night, give me a call. I know exactly what to do!