Friday, May 15, 2009

Cornwall...the coast of England

This week we went on such a fun trip down to Cornwall! We left on Wednesday morning and got back on Friday night. We all loaded the coach and drove several hours south of London. Cornwall is the South-West part of England.

This is the first place on the coast that we went to. It is a little town on the Harbor called Polperro. We hiked up these huge rocks and grass hills so we could have a view out into the Ocean. I was blown away with how pretty it was, but I had no idea what was ahead of me!

Annie and I on the top!

Going for a walk in the rain

This is in the back of our hotel. We stayed at a hotel on the most beautiful beach in Falmouth, England! It was SO much fun! We had a deck from our room that over-looked the beach.

On Thursday we went and hiked up to Tintagel Castle. The legend of this castle, is that it is the birth place of King Arthur.
Brooke and I--we made it to the top!

Looking over the cliff into the Ocean. It was BEAUTIFUL!!

Eating pasties from the famous "Pasty Place" in Tintagel. They were actually pretty good. It was fun to try one, because I have heard about them in movies. They were nothing like I thought they were! Haha

This is the beach in Porthcurno. It was GORGEOUS and my favorite out of all the different beaches and coast-lines we went to.

We LOVE the beach!

Fun friends :)

This is from the top of Land's End. It is a famous look-out point over the Ocean.

On Friday, we made a stop on our way home at Jane Austin's house in Chawton. We also went to some Cathedrals, but those pictures are boring!

Mom and Erin...there is a little surprise for you in that bag! You'll just have to wait and see when I get home :)

This week was a lot of fun getting away from London and going to different parts of England. We had many LONG bus rides, that allowed us to see a lot of English countryside. It amazes me how green and pretty everything is here!

No comments: