Monday, May 25, 2009

Friday

Hmmm...well I don't really know where to start! This whole day was SO amazing! We first woke up, grabbed breakfast quickly in the Metro Station, and then were off to Versailles. We got on the right Metro, but going the wrong way and didn't realize for a while. Haha! So it actually took us an hour and 15 minutes to get there, when it could have only taken us 45 minutes. It was fun though to laugh about it and sit there and relax for a bit.


When we got there, we waited in line to get our tickets for an hour, and then another hour to get in. It was so worth every minute we had to wait in line though!


The entire Palace was spectacular! I have never seen anything like it in my entire life! It was so incredible and so detailed everywhere you looked. I really enjoyed walking through it.


Doesn't this look like a painting? The gardens at Versailles were GORGEOUS!


This is the back of the Palace

After Versailles, we headed over to the Louvre for a few hours. It was really neat to see. I have been to SO many museums in the past few weeks, so I don't think I appreciated it as much as most people do, but I still loved it! It is always really neat to see the "originals" of everything!

Yes I really saw the original "Mona Lisa"

We made our own Louvre Pyramid


In the Tuillerie Gardens, just outside the Louvre, we all bought paintings. I can't wait to come home and frame it so I can hang it up!


After the Louvre, we walked through the Tuillerie Gardens on our way to the Champs Elysees. We stopped on our way at these fountains and just relazed for a little bit. As we were sitting on the side of the fountains, we noticed this couple on the other side that was just kissing. We naturally all watched them for a minute and then the guy knelt down in his knee and proposed! It was SO cute! It made us all really happy and it was fun to watch them be so happy together.


After that, we continued walking down the Champs-Elysees. I was in HEAVEN!! It was perfect temperature outside, it was beautiful, the sun was setting behind the Arc de Triomphe, and we were in Paris! How could things possibly get any better?


I really was on the Champs Elysees

The Arc de Triomphe


These pictures don't show it very well, but as we were walking towards the Arc de Triomphe, the sun was setting behind it and it was INCREDIBLE!! Everything just felt perfect and we were having such a wonderful time! The whole day was so much fun and we were able to see so much of Paris!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I WANT TO BE THERE WITH YOU!!!!!!! Looks like SO much fun. WOW. Beautiful pictures of a beautiful place (and girl)