Monday, May 4, 2009

An early start lead to a wonderful day!

Today has been a really long day, but SO worth it!! We started out by waking up at 5 so we could be down in the kitchen to pack our lunches by 5:30am. Then we loaded on the bus and drove 2 hours to Stonehenge. We had to go so early because we got special approval to go inside the ropes and actually touch the rocks and take pictures up close. It was such a cool experience!

Stonehenge is something that I have heard a lot about, but I never though I would see it in person. I am so grateful that I was able to actually see it in person and have the chance to study it.

Me and Katherine

After Stonehenge, we drove 1 1/2 hours to Wells Cathedral. It was very elegant inside with simple designs.


Next to Wells Cathedral was Bishop's Palace.


The gardens at the Bishop's Palace were incredible!


We jumped back in the bus and drove to Stourhead. It is the most GORGEOUS place I have ever seen! Notice the bridge in the background. It is the bridge filmed in the movie "Pride and Prejudice."


We walked the two miles around the entire pond and tt was so beautiful!!


The Temple of Apollo--this is where the proposal scene in "Pride and Prejudice" was filmed

In front of the Temple of Apollo
For our last destination, we drove a half hour to King Alred's Tower

We climbed the 205 spiral stairs to the top

Today was such a fun day because we were able to spend it with everyone in the group! I have met so many wonderful girls here and I am so grateful for their friendship. It's amazing how close we all have come to one another just in the first week. I am excited to continue to become closer to everyone here! I love it here so much!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love Stourhead!! I'm so glad you got to go there. You always look so cute in your pictures!