Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Watch out for bikers!

Today we jumped on a bus and went to Oxford University


It was way neat because a British girl that goes to school there gave us a tour of the Oriel College. She explained to us all about the school and how the system works there. It was really neat to learn about because I had no idea that it was so different from ours! It made Harry Potter make a lot more sense! Haha


This is one of the biggest colleges within Oxford


These are the stairs that are filmed in the first Harry Potter movie and used in the main entrance of Hogwarts.


We are being Harry Potter-like


See this bike coming straight for me?...yup! I got hit by a biker today. Straight on! It was hilarious, but the scariest experience! I was walking down this little alley-street and my friend says to me, "look at that dead bird over there." So of course I walk over to look at it and I hear my professor from the back yell, "look out!" Next thing I know, I am thrown off balance and my bag was caught on the handle bars. Good thing I didn't fall over, but I definately got hit! Haha!

After walking around Oxford, we went to Blenheim Palace and had a tour inside. It is gigantic and was cool to walk through.

The gardens were SO beautiful! We had fun walking through them and even climbing trees!

Me in the front of the Palace

No comments: