Saturday, May 9, 2009

Greenwich

Today has been a really good day! I woke up and had a WARM shower! I emphasize the warm because our broiler has been broken and finally got fixed, so that was the first warm shower I have had in two weeks! It felt just lovely! We went to Portobello Road and had breakfast there and then we got on a boat at Westminster Pier and went down to Greenwich. It was about an hour boat ride and it was really neat!
The queen's house in Greenwich--it is amazing inside!


Greenwich Park


This is a view of Greenwich behind us, with the Thames and City in the back--it was BEAUTIFUL!!


Standing on the Prime Meridian


Jenny and I are on different sides of the Prime Meridian, so we were both in different time zones! Where I was standing it was noon, and where she was it was 1:00pm. It was crazy!

This is walking out from Greenwich, we went through a tunnel that went under the Thames River. It was really neat, but kind of scary!

Going to Greenwich was a really fun day trip today! I feel completely exhausted physically, emotionally, and mentally so I'm glad to be home. I am excited to go to church tomorrow and then it will be nice to be able to relax afterwards!

No comments: